7/8/2020 update - WE'RE NOW FULLY OPEN AND ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS!
COVID-19 has been a very difficult time for all of us. Many of you have had to wait for your regular and needed dental care, and we deeply appreciate your understanding while we had to keep our office closed to help control the spread of the Coronavirus.
We are excited to announce that the Illinois Department of Health has officially allowed us to re-open our doors and start taking care of our valued patients! We are pleased to inform you that we will be re-opening our office for patient treatment within the next two weeks!
Based on the IL Department of Health, American Dental Association, and IL State Dental Society’s guidelines, we have developed Standard Operating Procedures to manage our office and patients. We have carefully planned our office procedures to greatly minimize any risk to our patients and staff. For your peace of mind, the measures we will be taking to provide a safe dental treatment experience include, and are not limited to, the following:
- We respectfully ask that in order to implement social distancing, patients be only accompanied by those family members who absolutely need to accompany them.
- If you arrive early, we request that upon arrival you inform the front desk by phone. We may ask you to wait in your car in order for us to minimize the amount of people in the lobby and maintain social distancing.
- We will request you to complete our pre-screening questionnaire and any other medical history update as necessary.
- Before checking you in, a staff member will be taking your temperature using a touchless thermometer. Patients showing signs of a fever or any symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- We will ask that you continue practicing social distancing in common areas of the office.
- As much as our team loves to move efficiently, our new protocols will require extra time per patient. As a result, your appointment might be a little longer than usual. Please remain patient during these unusual times.
- All treatment rooms will be completely disinfected before each patient is seated, and public areas, including the restroom, will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.
- Patients can be confident that our team will strictly follow guidelines set by the CDC, OSHA and ADA in regard to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization.
We understand these extra precautions will cause some inconvenience to our family of patients but please be rest assured that at Solace Dental Group, you and your family will always be safe and cared for. We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, and we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one.
If you had an appointment that needed to be cancelled while our office was closed, our staff will be reaching out to you to reschedule. For those of you whose appointments were scheduled in June, we will be contacting you to possibly reschedule for an earlier date.
During this period of closure, we have been working on several initiatives to make the dental experience more interactive and convenient for our patients. These include online payments, payments through email links and patient portals.
We are all very excited and looking forward to welcoming our patients. And as always, if you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (630) 759 - 3595 seven days a week.
We can’t wait to see all of you again soon!!
Dr. Zaidi and the Solace Dental Group Team
The State of Illinois has extended its shelter-in-place in response to COVID-19. Following these guidelines, our office has extended its closure through May 1st, 2020 to help ensure the safety of our patients, families, staff and communities.
All appointments scheduled through May 1st will be rescheduled. During this time we will reach out to our amazing patients to reschedule appointments for late May and onwards. Once we have received guidance on reopening, we will update you as soon as possible!
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU!
Our office is still open for emergency visits
Our staff is available by phone to return messages and answer calls. Please call us at 630-759-3595.
You can email us at [email protected] as well! Our staff is available to answer questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing our wonderful patients very soon. Please stay safe and let's #FlattenTheCurve!
To our amazing patients,
As a locally-owned small business and part of this great community, we are following all precautionary measures to address COVID-19. In order to insure our patients' safety, we are taking the following steps:
1. We are implementing heightened levels of disinfection and screening at this time which include rinsing with 1% hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse before seating for appointments (studies have shown the Coronavirus is very susceptible to the oxidation), and sanitizing everything in our office multiple times a day.
2. Upon recommendation by the American Dental Association, we will postpone elective dental treatment for the next 2 weeks. We will always be available for emergency needs and ask that you call with any immediate concerns. We will help you make a plan to take care of any emergency care that may be needed. If you have a scheduled cleaning or non essential appointment with us in the next few weeks, expect a phone call from our team to get it rescheduled.
As of now, we will re-open our non emergent appointments starting April 4th provided no changes occur.
We would ask that you postpone any dental visit if you meet any of the criteria below: • Fever • Currently has a cough or shortness of breath • Compromised immune system
We hope that you and your family remain safe and healthy during this challenging time. Please pay attention to the social distancing and self quarantine recommendations. We are all in this together and need to look out for each other during a worrisome time - this is one way you can help your neighbors and those more susceptible remain healthy.
Dr. Zaidi & Team